Limestone is a type of marble that is considerably less dense than marble. It is found in many parts of the world and it varies greatly in colour; can be various shades of brown, red, white, grey or beige. A harder type of limestone can be polished like marble and is best used for entry walls, floors, fireplaces and shower walls. It is not recommended for the kitchen counter tops since it is prone to straining and scratches easily. Limestone is very strong and durable. It adds value to the home and gives great texture and feel to the home and it is quite easy to clean.
Here are 6 limestone tile trends you need to know about;
- Landscaping – Since limestone is a natural stone it makes for great outdoor landscape features. Use it as part of your garden feature or as stepping stones leading from the house to the garden for a beautiful effect. It lasts long and can withstand all sorts of weather.
- Fireplaces – It looks great on fireplaces and adds a natural effect in the living room.
- Outdoor walls – Limestone is a great choice for use on building exteriors since it has a unique colour and texture. In addition to that, it is quite durable and can withstand all types of weather so as an outdoor wall finish; it can retain its appearance over years to come. Limestone can also be mixed with other materials such as granite for a truly distinctive look and finish.
- Bathroom vanities – Limestone makes for great bathroom walls due to its earthy tones and beautiful texture, it makes for a great choice for areas where water is often used and for aesthetic purposes as well. See tiles london from Tile Land.
- Stair columns – If you would like your stairs column to truly stand out, use limestone for a natural, earthy and beautiful finish.
- Structural columns – Limestone is a great alternative for structural columns too.
Limestone is a truly versatile natural stone which can be used in a number of stunning and amazing ways. See more about tiles on Facebook